Product Design Internship
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
The product team is responsible for user research, experience design, feature generation, positioning in market, and long term product goals. This team works closely with support, engineering, and communication functions of Civis Analytics. The Product Design intern will join our Chicago-based product team, working collaboratively with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and other designers to help change the way we present ourselves through great software experiences. You’ll assist in the design of new products, features, and interfaces, from concept through production.
We are looking for 2021 graduates only. Our summer internships are a full-time, 10 week commitment with two start dates to accommodate both semester and quarter students. Civis is looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Develop and maintain wireframes, user flows, journey maps, low and high fidelity prototypes, specifications, and other design documents
- Conduct end user needs assessment and task analysis; use this analysis to wireframe multiple solutions to assigned design problems
- Participate in user research activities, including facilitating interviews and usability tests
- Present your design solutions during ideation sessions with members of the product management and development teams; revise solutions as necessary to conform to project constraints
- Work alongside engineers to implement your design solutions, including quality assurance testing
- Pursuing a degree in an accredited HCI, user experience or interaction design program
- Strong proficiency with design related software (Creative Suite, prototyping tools like Sketch and InVision)
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Empathy for users and excitement for making their work simpler
- Team player with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Passionate about interactive design and technology--we want you to be as excited as we are about Civis mission and coming into work each day
- Able to work in a dynamic, scrappy, and rapidly iterative environment
Who we are
At Civis, our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
- A competitive hourly rate with an additional moving stipend
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW