Project Management Internship
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
Community Brands Project Team is seeking a summer Project Manager Intern and the ideal candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Support program management in the planning and execution of cross-functional projects
- Support program management in tracking open issues and risks
- Document, and manage key project risks, supporting program management in proposing appropriate mitigation and contingency plans
- Communicate with management on program and project status, milestones, successes, and risks.
- Facilitate planning sessions and support plan development
- Analyze business problems, propose solutions, and help to implement the solution
- Attend and facilitate meetings, take notes, and send follow up action plan
- Analyze current business processes, propose solutions, and build To-Be processes
- Facilitate and lead interdepartmental and cross-functionality teams to drive plan, metrics, and execution
- Studying for BA/BS or master’s in computer science, Business or studying for MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of business process diagram, development, and improvement
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies a plus.
- Your passion is “getting stuff done” and your mind revolves around tasks, timelines, dependencies, project plans, and backlogs. Your attention to detail and maniacal drive to deliver on time and above expectations is noticed by all
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel. MS Project experience a plus
- Ability to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion, and maturity
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining an eye for detail
This is an incredible opportunity for someone pursuing their MBA to get an immersive experience to add to their resume. We are a rapidly growing company with a fast-paced environment using cutting-edge technology to deliver new innovative products and features on a state of the art platform.