The Sales Intern will provide support for the sales team to help prospect new clients and business opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to follow guidelines to complete new projects, jump into existing projects, work independently on research and initiate communication to potential clients.
This is a part-time position, approximately 10-20 hours per week, with flexibility in scheduling due to class schedule or other needs, with the ability to be up to a 40-hour per week internship during school breaks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and create prospect list for university contacts
- RFP signup and create database with list of logins, passwords, URL with [email protected] email
- Create templated email by degree category and university type/size
- Email outreach via sales rep emails to create initial interest with prospective universities
- This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Marketing, advertising, business or statistics major or related preferred
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled at working independently and as part of a team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Language Ability - Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; Able to write simple correspondence; Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral instructions.
- English Language - Basic knowledge of the English language. Able to comprehend simple instructions in English.
- Sales Experience – Exceptional communication and client relationship building skills are essential.
- Active Listening - Gives full attention to what other people are saying and takes time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to a positive team spirit. Must be comfortable working independently.
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and procedures and completes tasks correctly and on-time.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on time.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills and Google suite of tools.
- Ability to generate and customize reports utilizing data collection tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as is typical in office and administrative work).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus while viewing a computer screen.