SOFTWARE ENGINEER APPRENTICE
Conversant’s Apprentice Program is a one-year accelerated career opportunity for recent college graduates. Apprentices will participate in an exclusive training boot camp to learn about our business and technology, while exploring different departments discovering what they want to do and where they can have the greatest impact in. In addition, Apprentices will take part in leader talks, a formal mentorship program and numerous professional development courses.
About This Role
As a Software Engineer Apprentice, you’ll be part of a high-performing development team in a high frequency/low latency environment for design, development, maintenance and performance assurance for software products that leverage the latest technologies to deliver large scale one to one advertising messages. You hold yourself to a high standard and consider inefficiency to be an abject failure, but have a keen attention to detail and a penchant for measuring things
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be a part of peer code reviews.
- Conduct performance testing and monitoring of production systems.
- Analyze terabytes of SQL data looking for performance bottlenecks and/or bugs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and methodology (Java, XML, SQL, Linux) and web technologies (C++, Python, Ruby, PHP).
- NoSQL, Hadoop, Membase, Open Source Technologies preferred.