Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021- Remote) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add an extraordinary remote intern to our Engineering team.
What is an Engineering Intern?
As a Software Engineering Intern at Clearcover, you will be embedded into the product and technology organization in the same way full time employees are. You will be included in a scrum team and paired with a mentor as well as an Engineering Manager. You will learn to understand Clearcover products, technologies and domains, work on active tickets to support sprint goals and contribute to product features all with the support and guidance of your mentor. You are encouraged to become familiar with other parts of the organization wherein you could have an impact, be that the diversity and inclusion committee, Clearly Covered engineering talks, etc. We are looking for interns that are just starting their careers and are eager to learn and get more exposure to not only our products but the tools and technologies we use to build them.
What will you do?
- Gain experience owning features from start to finish while collaborating with your scrum team to creatively solve problems and ensure excellent outcome
- Be assigned a mentor for the duration of the internship who will be your guide to understanding the team, project and all things Clearcover.
- Gain knowledge of software engineering concepts related to the implementation and deployment of distributed microservices
- Work on projects that impact the business
- Learn coding best practices and how to troubleshoot and debug issues
What do you need?
- Currently enrolled in a BS program in computer science, computer/software engineering, or related field
- A recent bootcamp graduate or self-taught with example projects in Github
- Familiarity with RESTful API conventions
- A passion for solving complex technical problems
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced technical environment