Strategy and Operations Summer Intern at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Strategy and Operations Intern to work with our Marketplace team’s executive leadership during the summer to help guide the business unit’s long-term strategy and success. This paid internship will include working on projects that span across the department’s operation units and functions, with a focus on using analytics and business insights to identify high-impact opportunities and determine the optimal approach to capture them.
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. As an Intern at GoHealth, you’ll have the opportunity to get exposed to multiple areas of the business outside of your own team while learning from experienced professionals who leaders in their field.Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work across all business units, assisting with internal projects and strategic initiatives to improve growth and profitability throughout our Marketplace business unit
- Research, design, and implement process improvement initiatives to drive efficiencies and accountability
- Draft presentations that demonstrate significant business insights and provide management with updates on key company developments
- Quantify growth and cost savings opportunities through financial / statistical models and analyses
- Junior pursuing a degree in business, economics, finance, marketing analytics, engineering or STEM major
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated interested in business operations
- Practical experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong academic performance (minimum GPA = 3.3/4.0)
- 10-week paid internship (starting June 2021) in the trendy River North Neighborhood in downtown Chicago. Subject to change remotely pending status of COVID-19
- Casual work environment - we’re a friendly group, we have fun with each other and have a respectful workplace
- Rotational days to shadow other areas of the business
- Interactive Lunch & Learns with C-Suite
- Continued training opportunities through GoHealth E-Learning series
- Casual dress code
GoHealth will conduct all interviews for our internships remotely. While we intend to have the internship program (beginning June 2021) at our Chicago Headquarters, we are prepared to move this program virtual following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.