Technology/IT Intern at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us!
Our IT team is looking to hire interns to help with entry level IT and product management activities. As a result, the selected interns will get an opportunity to get hands-on experience with the products, tools and technologies in use at Tribune Publishing. In addition, this opportunity provides experiences such as: working in a business setting, application of your knowledge gained academically, collaborating with users & colleagues within our IT department as well in association with various departments within the company. Technology management is looking to bring in diverse candidates as part of our on-going Diversity & Inclusion efforts.
Please note that this role is located in Chicago. However, work will be remote due to the Pandemic.
- Develop, edit and test end user training material, user documentation, videos
- Improve content in IT SharePoint sites
- Review, test and improve system and support documentation
- Author and improve Service Now Knowledge Articles
- Review tickets handled by IT staff to identify Self-Service portal use cases
- Participate in end user testing activities for various Tribune applications
- Assist with research for domain names
- Assist with privacy and other IT audits
- Participate in root cause analyses after critical incidents
- Participate in investigation of security events
- Assist with identification and update of patches, standard software on laptops, desktops
- Write scripts for automating tasks used in IT support
- Work will scheduled during regular business hours, 7AM-6PM (employer flexible with part-time hours per candidates availability)
- Students working towards a B.S, M.S or equivalent in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity or a similar field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools. SharePoint experience preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytics suite is desired
- Web page design or programming experience desired
- Ability to work remotely
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the
Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.