Test Engineer Intern
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
This Test Engineer Intern role is a summer internship with a start date in Summer of 2019. This Test Engineer role is part of the Arity Testing Services organization and will support and drive achievement of progressive, fully autonomous testing solutions utilizing machine learning where appropriate across our Arity Product suite. Utilizing agile methodologies and extensive cloud technologies Arity is hard at work creating the future of continuous testing and we now need a strong, energetic and inquisitive engineer to play a key role in our Arity team.
- Executes upon test strategies for various products within areas of responsibility which deliver upon our goals
- Embraces our technical strategy for continuous delivery
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility including the assessment and implementations of Chaos suite principles for each product
- Anticipates issues and develops preventative measures
- Managing workloads in an Agile development environment
- Supports the strategic technical direction for highly integrated, autonomous test solutions
Arity Internship Program:
- Target start date: May/June 2019
- 12 week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Housing stipend offered to qualified students
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern networking and development opportunities
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Start Date: May/June 2019
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's Degreee in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Test fundamentals.
- Understand/Experience with Test Engineering
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs
- Experience with common tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, InelliJ, JUnit, JIRA, Maven
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Experience of cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Familiarity with Agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian’s JIRA / Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, TFS
- Experience in mobile development – IOS or Android
- Experience with Cassandra, Nifi, Hadoop, Kafka, Greenplum, Flink and other Big Data platforms and applications
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.r