UX Design Intern
FTD Product Design, Downers Grove, IL.
Do you want to gain hands-on, real-world experience in an organization that is continually evolving and has doubled in size since 2015?
What Motivates You to Be Your Best?
- Succeeding and making major contributions?
- The opportunity and support to maximize your potential?
- Working for an organization that makes you proud?
- Collaborating and thriving as part of a team?
We Share Your Passion...Who are we?
Simply put: FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Ever since we started in 1910, we've been constantly evolving -- that's why we are a leader in our industry. You may be familiar with some of our other well- known brands... ProFlowers, Shari's Berries, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com. You can find us working and playing hard at our corporate headquarters, right outside Chicago, in Downers Grove, IL. or in sunny San Diego, CA.
During your summer internship with FTD Companies, you will collaborate with associates of both the FTD.com and Florist Division Finance teams on a variety of special projects, as well as participate in our monthly close process, perform financial analyses for both teams, learn our accounting system and perform other finance activities in an operational divisional role.
What to expect:
- An engaging 10-12-week internship program
- Get paid an hourly rate while earning academic credits (if available through your college)
- Participate in "Lunch and Learns" to develop professional skills
- Work in a fun, casual environment that encourages teamwork
- At the end of the summer, you'll have the opportunity to present what you've learned!
Who you are:
- Junior or Senior Status at your College or University working toward a Bachelor Degree in the following majors- Visual Design, UI Design, Multimedia Design, Design Planning, Product Design and Development, Front End Design
- 3.0 GPA and Above
- Design deliverable production
- Synthesis of field research data
- Competitive Research (heuristics and market)
- Curation of design asset repository and documentation therein
- Production of design assets
- Transcription of interviews
- Analysis and tagging of field data assets (audio/video/stills)
- Tactical support for documentation of process, meetings, and relationships
- Design information management (a repository of knowledge curated)