Visualization Design Engineer Internship at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
Our Jumpstart program is designed to help jumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of unique events that are both professional and social (professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders). You will also get to network, connect, and collaborate with other interns in your cohort. If located in Chicago, there is also the option to continue your internship after the summer This year our JumpStart program has two cohort Cohort 1: May 18th- August 14th, 2020 Cohort 2: June 22nd – September 11th, 2020
- Design and build dashboards in Tableau and MicroStrategy which will provide insights for CCC's clients within auto property damage and repair, medical claims and telematics industries.
- Source data from a variety of sources including Oracle, Hive and Redshift
- Work with product owners to understand business requirements and translate them into creative solutions.
- Work closely with information engineers to understand the data architecture, data gaps and logic and map that information into dashboard solutions
- Pursing a Master’s Degree
- Strong sense of visual design, visualizing information and UX aesthetics
- Fundamental knowledge of Tableau (preferred) or MicroStrategy
- Passing knowledge of SQL and database schemas