DigitalMint is the leading Bitcoin ATM and Teller network, enabling customers to buy cryptocurrency instantly at locations across the United States. Founded in 2014, DigitalMint has been featured on CBS, Coindesk, Forbes, and Fox. Our company is empowering underserved and unbanked consumers to utilize digital currencies as a tool for financial access and inclusion. We’re a passionate startup looking to grow our team with dedicated entrepreneurial-minded people that love a good challenge.
DigitalMint is seeking an experienced attorney to work directly with executive leadership to handle all aspects of the company’s legal affairs. You will be responsible for monitoring the exciting (but ever-changing) legal and regulatory landscape to help guide important business decisions. Primary duties include structuring commercial contracts supporting new and existing lines of business, advising internally on mitigating risk for new opportunities, and managing our regulatory and licensing strategy, and internal consultation.
What You’ll Do
- Act in close cooperation with executive leadership to ensure coordination of DigitalMint’s legal strategy.
- Track legal and compliance regulatory requirements that impact financial services companies, including anti-money laundering, data privacy, consumer protection, and risk management concerns.
- Assist executive leadership team in managing and updating DigitalMint’s domestic and global regulatory requirements as we launch new products and partnerships.
- Advise executive leadership and internal stakeholders by identifying liabilities associated with various transactions.
- Maintain, organize, and fortify DigitalMint’s existing internal library of legal forms and commercial contracts, which are fundamental to the business’s day-to-day operations.
- Prepare and draft disclosures, terms of service, and other customer-facing language for all of our products and services.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and functional stakeholders to understand, structure, draft, negotiate and close commercial agreements with external partners, and ensure ongoing compliance with our existing contractual requirements.
- Assist our marketing team in reviewing materials to ensure compliance with laws and internal risk-management policies.
- Research and prepare internal memorandums on a wide variety of subjects to guide strategic decision making.
- Design and execute a regulatory and licensing strategy for our existing and in-development products and services across multiple jurisdictions, including advising on specific U.S. state laws to acquire, maintain, and monitor money transmission licenses, or other licenses required to do business in various jurisdictions.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- Law degree from accredited law school
- Member of the bar in at least one state and currently in good standing to practice law in the United States.
- At least 5 years of experience in the legal field achieving outcomes in payments, financial services, or virtual currencies industry
- Understanding of legal concepts applicable to the financial services, banking, and payments ecosystems, including AML, prepaid access, stored value, money transmission, as well as privacy laws and regulatory licensing.
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate and explain complex legal terminology to internal stake-holders in clear, plain terms.
- Functional understanding of intellectual property concepts such as trade secrets, copyright, trademarks, and patents.
- Experience in financial services risk management, including business continuity planning, data security, and privacy-related matters.
- Capability to adapt swiftly and work well under pressure in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Daily lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible vacation policies
- Exciting culture in the fast-growing cryptocurrency industry
DigitalMint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.