About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Compensation Counsel will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate legal team on contract, compensation and employment matters and other special projects and by helping to keep the day-to-day operations of the legal department running smoothly. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, solve problems creatively, prioritize relentlessly, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Compensation and employment related tasks including drafting and managing employment agreements, compensation plans and related addenda for employees of Guaranteed Rate and its affiliated companies.
- Act as a liaison between business operations, finance, human resources and the legal department for Guaranteed Rate with respect to compensation matters.
- Manage contract forms and terms and conditions of employment.
- Assist the legal department with overflow work as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience with contracts, employment matters and/or regulatory issues preferred.
- Ability to complete projects under tight timelines.
- Willingness to learn the business and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Clear, concise and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and working under a heavy workload with changing priorities.
- Familiarity with the Loan Officer Compensation Rule, 12 CFR § 1026.36(d)-(e), preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient with a sense of humor.
- Skilled at Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Graduated from an accredited Law School with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar (or admission to a state bar of any jurisdiction in the United States and admitted to the Illinois Bar within a reasonable time following the commencement of the position).
- Local candidates only.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.