Who We Are:
Named a Best Workplace for the third straight year, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are seeking attorneys and paralegals who are ready for a career change and want to use their experience in the legal industry in new ways. Below you’ll find a quick summary of the positions that are either currently available, or that may become available in the next 2-6 months.
- BDR (entry-level prospecting role)
- Account Executive (full-cycle new business sales)
- Client Success
- Onboarding (project and relationship managers for the first 3 months of the client lifecycle)
- Account Management (maintain and foster relationships with existing clients and renew Smokeball contracts)
- Client Services
- Client Training (train clients on how to use Smokeball’s features)
- Legal Configuration (automate legal documents, configure workflows, conduct strategic research projects, etc.)
Who You Are:
At Smokeball, we believe that creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. We don’t have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we’re bringing new team members into the SB Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos.
- Culture: Crain’s 2020 & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: Flexible working arrangements, 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: In the office, at fun bars in the area, and virtually
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Smokeball:
At Smokeball, we believe that “caring is not optional.” We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.