Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product. You are willing to tackle projects head on and are excited about personal growth. You are a compliance, risk, and/or legal expert who is yearning to join the technology world and work with modern technologies.
We are looking for an individual to support Ascent’s Go-to-Market Team with pre-sales and post-sales activities including demonstrations, consulting clients on business problems, and client implementations across all business segments, including large global banks, SME’s and channel partnerships. This role is critical for Ascent to ensure that we effectively serve every client’s needs.
- 5+ years of Compliance and/or Risk experience; you have done the job of a Compliance and/or Risk Officer
- Have worked in the Financial Services industry
- Understanding of how regulations are applied within a Financial Services firm
- Have implemented regulatory change management programs
- Working with complex business processes and systems
- Supporting Sales with demonstrations and determining the optimal solutions for clients
- Helping execute client implementations by advising the Customer Success team
- Establish effective change management programse.g.Train-The Trainer
- Advising Product on detailed enhancement requests
- Provide users knowledge and insights to continuously improve and enhance the results achieved with Ascent
- Provide insights into what new regulatory developments Ascent should start covering
- Applying law and regulation
- Determining risk appetites
- Detailed knowledge of how to build a regulatory change management process
- Detailed knowledge of how to build a compliance management process, from reg change to policies and procedures
- Phenomenal listener and capable of developing a genuine rapport with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and can budget time effectively
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!