Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
- Assist with the preparation and analyzation of HMDA reportable data and Government Monitoring Information for all Guaranteed Rate loans files
- Manage the HMDA software and database, assessing and correcting all errors found in data and running back-end analytics on data to ensure accuracy
- Oversee the annual submission of HMDA data to the CFPB and manage all HMDA LAR requests from consumers and outside third-parties
- Complete monthly audits of reportable HMDA data, evaluating trends, conducting root cause analysis and correcting errors found
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure that errors found in monthly audits are corrected in company procedures and policy
- Maintain a knowledge of current state, federal and company policies and requirements regarding HMDA, ECOA and other compliance regulations
- Complete other departmental duties for the Compliance Dept. as assigned, such as: assist with state and federal audits, perform internal custom audits, updating compliance policy and procedure
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Prior experience in the financial services industry – with a mortgage originator, mortgage broker, bank or credit union preferred
- Prior knowledge of HMDA and CFPB regulations and HMDA data reporting a plus
- Prior knowledge of Encompass (or other LOS) and QuestSoft a plus
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions and solve problems
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in an always-changing environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also to work closely with other team members
- Ability to innovate and think outside of the box to enhance the Compliance Dept.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.