About The Role
The Contracts Attorney is responsible for the overall legal research, advice and other legal assistance to the company. This role is responsible for contract review, negotiating and drafting any manner of agreements, including procurement and service contracts and leases. This position occasionally works closely with outside attorneys and to review and draft legal agreements and addendums. Candidates must have a strong understanding of the business and business needs. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Maintain knowledge of legal matters pertaining to contract, privacy and compliance laws
- Responsible for compliance with federal, state and local legislation
- Review contracts for ambiguities and contemplate potential outcomes and provide creative solutions to business owners
- Work closely with sales staff to accurately draft contracts that meet expectations
- Provide insight and guidance to management on relevant legal matters
- Negotiate legal terms with client & vendor procurement departments
- Manage outside counsel on compliance, privacy and other matters where in-house expertise is lacking
- Clearly communicate rationale for decisions to internal customers
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems involving the company
- Maintain orderly records of contracts and other legal documents
- Must be comfortable negotiating contract terms with Fortune 500 clients
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with technology transactions, enterprise sales, or software-as-a-service (Saas) either at a law firm or in-house, preferably a combination of both
- Juris Doctor from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Skilled at proactively identifying issues, providing recommendations and contributing to strategic business conversations
- Ability to communicate effectively with various teams throughout the organization, especially sales and account managers
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, work independently and quickly shift priorities in response to a changing business environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary as the volume of work can vary depending on the sales cycle
- Ability to influence and persuade others without express authority
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time