WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, this newThis position will be responsible for the negotiation and management of vendor agreements. The Contracts Negotiator will be primarily responsible for a high volume of global vendor contracts supporting all departments in Braze, including agreements to procure technology, marketing, professional services, and event services. The Contracts Negotiator will negotiate basic legal terms with our vendors to address and properly allocate legal risk between the parties. In addition to these responsibilities, the Contracts Negotiator will also support the Legal Team as necessary on various contract negotiation projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead basic legal negotiations with vendors for goods and services.
- Ensure that vendor contracts adhere to company policies, including legal, compliance, and audit requirements.
- Work with the Procurement and Finance teams to establish, enforce, and educate employees on the procurement process, policies and best practices.
- Review and negotiate NDAs, both with vendors and with Braze customers.
- Contribute to developing contract templates and processes that will scale globally.
- Partner with the Information Security team to ensure vendor compliance with privacy and data protection laws and information security standards.
- Maintain contract records in the vendor management database.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-5 years of experience working in legal negotiation. Please note that this is not a practicing counsel role. No JD is required.
- Ability to spot legal issues and effectively communicate Braze’s positions on such legal issues to prospective and existing vendors.
- Effective in building relationships and developing strong internal and external partnerships.
- Prior work experience with fast-growing technology company, experience with Coupa, and/or knowledge of privacy law is each a plus, but not a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and to follow through, meet deadlines and take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time.
- Sound judgment with the knowledge to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy a challenge, are self-motivated, go the extra mile, and are willing to learn, pitch in and play a significant role.
- A fantastic sense of humor.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.