Corporate Counsel at G2
G2’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 650,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by over 3 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 is seeking a Corporate Counsel to be the second attorney on our in-house legal team. As Corporate Counsel, this person’s role will be primarily focused on deals, but as a high growth start-up, there will be plenty of opportunities for other legal projects, including regulatory compliance and security, intellectual property issues, and human resources, depending on your interest(s). You will report directly to the Associate General Counsel.
- 3-5 years of experience as a licensed attorney, preferably handling transactional/commercial work
- Admission to the State Bar of Illinois or California is preferred, but not required
- Experience with technology contracts, both customer and vendor, preferred but not required
- Experience interacting with customers on extra-contractual matters
- Experience working with technology companies and dealing with licensing intellectual property preferred, but not required
- Ability to hit the ground running; if you don’t know how, you’ll ask, and if you do know how, you’ll have the confidence to make the call on your own
- Experience managing a high-volume workload
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with both our customers and your coworkers across multiple teams and functions.
- Lastly, you should be awesome to work with every day (or at least most days!) The G2 legal team is small but mighty, and we’re looking for the right team fit – someone kind, enthusiastic, and patient.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.