Corporate Counsel at Livly
Livly is hiring a Corporate Counsel to be the founding member of our legal department. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to set up and optimize a well-functioning legal department while providing ongoing guidance and support to the leadership team. Our ideal Corporate Counsel is entrepreneurial and self-motivated with keen analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Who we are: Livly is an operating system for all digital and physical experiences in buildings across the world. Our mission is to create joy through great technology and services - one building, person and digital experience at a time.
What you'll do in this role:
- Draft and negotiate various commercial contracts including: SaaS contracts; software license agreement; hardware reseller agreements; service provider agreements; confidentiality agreements; sales, services, consulting, and supply chain and OEM agreements.
- Identify, research, and advice non-standard terms and associated risks to internal business owners.
- Field, manage, and respond to due diligence requests.
- Develop appropriate approaches to dispute resolution and lawsuits.
- Maintain Livly’s suite of legal documents, both commercial and compliance, ensuring they reflect current best practices and appropriate legal requirement.
- Contribute to the training and supervision of company staff supporting the standard agreements review and compliance processes.
- Advise on legal relationships with customers, including terms and conditions of sale, warranties, and tender processes.
- Coordinate with experts on intellectual property, HR, data privacy, and other matters
- Support privacy and compliance matters.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Thrive in a fast-pace environment while juggling multiple competing priorities.
- Exhibit strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exercise sound judgement.
- Are self-motivated and can meet strict deadlines.
- Have superior communication and presentation skills.
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented.
What you bring to this role:
- Juris Doctor degree and in good standing with the Illinois Bar Association
- 4-7 years of legal experience with an emphasis on commercial contracts
- Experience both at a law firm and in-house experience
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Background in technology and/or startups is a plus
What Livly offers you:
- The opportunity to be creative, make an impact, and grow professionally while working in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
- Competitive salary and great benefits. We cover 80% of Medical Premiums, and offer dental, vision, & commuter benefits, 401k retirement savings plan, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Fun perks like snacks in office, wellness initiatives, team events, and Livly gear.