We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Company:Relativity is the leading developer of big data e-discovery and investigation software, SaaS and hybrid cloud offerings. Our products are considered mission-critical by many of our clients and contain their highly sensitive data. We have robust and evolving products and our customers include prominent corporate law departments, mid-size and major law firms, litigation advisory firms, and government agencies in the US and abroad.
As Counsel - Transactions & Technology, you will work with increasing independence towards a high level of autonomy during an initial period of several months to one year. By the end of your initial year (or sooner), you will assume formal management responsibility for our paralegals who are dedicated to supporting your mission.
After obtaining internal product certifications, becoming familiar with our software and SaaS products, contract forms, policies and procedures, and working directly with our GC initially, you will have a key senior role in leading and handling our transactions and technology – related legal work.
You will work in our Chicago headquarters. You will generally handle larger and more complex transactions with our savvy customers’ counsel, while our paralegals will handle more day-to-day transactions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate sales transactions, with a major emphasis on out-bound software, SaaS and hybrid agreements, and periodically update our sales forms, clauses, strategies and processes.
- Work on other types of transactions including independent software developer agreements, OEM software agreements, and software development out-sourcing agreements.
- Handle requests respecting agreements, forms and advice from assigned teams, including our sales, product, marketing, education, training and certification teams.
- Work on other projects, which may include privacy issues, export control compliance, legal research, and help with our trademark program.
- Take the lead role for legal compliance requirements of our open source licensing and data security programs
- Four or more years of high quality relevant lawyer experience, including:
- Complex B2B software, SaaS and hybrid cloud agreements, including master agreements
- Professional services agreements, including software development out-sourcing to vendors
- Out-bound software developer kit license agreements and in-bound software OEM agreements
- Legal compliance aspects of open source license programs and data security programs
- Basic knowledge of privacy laws and practices in a SaaS B2B context involving the security and processing of customer data that may include personal information
- Reasonable understanding of software development, computer technology, SaaS infrastructure and services, and open source communities, and intellectual property concepts and laws
- Intelligence, flexibility, creativity, diligence, responsiveness, and strong Relativity core values; ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team; ability to manage paralegals
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with company management and employees
- Obtain Relativity Administrator certification, Sales certification, and User certification on schedule in first year
- Membership in good standing in the Illinois State Bar, or eligible to become licensed in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Manage Relevant Paralegal Team Work By End Of Initial Year
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.