Based in Chicago, the Global Head of Compliance will lead and direct our global compliance department. They will ensure that our business meets the standards set by the various securities governing bodies, that the global team of Compliance Officers are given clear direction, and that the compliance standards are met on all levels throughout our global marketplace. The Global Head of Compliance will provide stakeholders and the executive committee with strategic, regulatory and governance advice based on the regulations set by these governing bodies and previous experiences.
This role will be directly involved in evaluating, developing, and maintaining our Compliance Management framework to ensure that the firm remains compliant with all applicable financial services regulations. This individual will work closely with the global compliance c, legal and risk management staff to implement their strategic vision within the working guidelines of our business structure and the financial services regulatory bodies.
- Manage and lead a team of global Compliance Officers.
- Monitor regulatory reforms and industry developments, and respond to changes by way of implementing policies, processes, and associated employee training.
- Ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of our compliance monitoring programs and systems, to ensure the practical embedding of compliance within our business operations.
- Work closely with the General Counsel regarding legal matters and legal strategic planning.
- Identification and analysis of all compliance obligations (existing and new) that impact ThinkMarkets’ operations, seeking expert legal advice where required.
- Manage relationships with the financial regulatory bodies such as FCA, FINRA, ASIC, along with the external compliance consultants and partners, as needed.
- Work with the global risk team to run risk assessments on any unusual activities and potential compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain a risk measurement framework, related metrics, and reports.
- Lead the delivery of regulatory training and other programs as necessary to educate employees of their obligations under relevant policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Advise the business on the appropriate application of compliance related policies and procedures.
- Review and sign-off on marketing and sales promotional materials including items such as technical literature, telesales scripts and website updates.
- Preparation of compliance reports to management, the Compliance Committee, and the Board.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Legal, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience in a Financial Services environment fulfilling senior compliance and regulatory roles, including previous appointment to a Director-level compliance function.
- Strong working market knowledge of Equities, Securities, CFDs and FX is essential.
- Profound working knowledge of financial services regulations.
- Experience in planning of operational risk, financial stress testing and working closely with the board on ongoing risk assessments.
- Sound knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering regimes and Data Protection regulations.
- Solid working experience with corporate governance matters and securities law.
- Proven experience in balancing commercial considerations with reputation, legal and compliance risk.
- Experience in managing international transactions and contract relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.