At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Paylocity Inc processes payroll for clients in all fifty states down to the local level where applicable. Our clients depend on us to stay up to date on new trends in tax reporting in all jurisdictions. We also strive to influence Government Agencies towards adopting policies which benefit our operations as well as our client’s ability to conduct business and grant us authority to act on their behalf.
We are seeking a Government Relations Analyst to join the Government Relations Team. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Government Relations and performs research and analysis of regulatory trends and also establishes relationships with Government Tax Authorities
The Government Relations Team is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. Government Relations Team is primarily responsible for monitoring the legislative environment for regulatory updates and maintaining strong relationships with Government Regulatory Agencies.
The Government Relations Analyst III performs tasks under the guidance of the various members of the Government Relations Team. The Government Relations Team is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance.
- Provide Comprehensive Analysis for Regulatory related issues impacting Employment Tax and Payroll and HR Reporting.
- Provide Industry Impact and Risk Analysis related to new or changed regulations impacting HR and Payroll Outsourcing.
- Participate in Industry Agency Relations groups (i.e., IRS RAF Team, NPRC, etc).
- Establish, enhance and maintain contacts with various government agencies to ensure compliance in payroll processing, Affordable Care Act Compliance, tax filing & deposits, W-2 and 1099s.
- Stay abreast of upcoming legislative changes that impact Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax Preparation.
- Communicate feature enhancements to Product Development Teams around Payroll Tax Processing.
- Prepare communication to internal partners and Paylocity website explaining legislative changes.
- Work with Tax & Compliance Management Team to assist with execution of changes required by legislative changes.
- Over time, expand role to include team of direct reports.
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management
Experience and Skills Required:
- 7+ Years Payroll Tax Compliance or Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Taxation or related field desired
- Enrolled Agent (EA) desirable
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desirable
- IRS or State Agency Experience Preferred
- Previous Exposure to Payroll, Banking or Tax Software desirable
- Payroll service bureau experience
Bench marking the Best:
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Independent Self-Starter
- Customer service focused
- Outgoing and engaging
- Relationship building
- Always wanting to learn more
Most Important Tasks:
- Monitoring new legislative trends
- Editing and Publishing Newsletters
- Supporting Senior Analyst in Building relationships with Tax Authorities and Representing Paylocity
- Providing research support to Senior Analyst
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.