Healthcare Transactions Attorney
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Our legal team ensures that VillageMD complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics while providing information and guidance to management in support of the organization’s growth.
As a healthcare transactions attorney on our team, you will work in partnership with our General Counsel on complex deal structuring, bringing a solid knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment and successfully supporting transactions to close. We are looking for someone who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage transactions through the process with the executive deal team. You’ll also support the review of critical contracts and agreements while assisting our General Counsel in advancing the organization’s legal regulatory and compliance initiatives and infrastructure. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in practicing health law and should possess strong self-starter credentials with excellent writing, communication, and client-relations skills.
What will make you successful here?
- A strong healthcare regulatory background with experience in provider licensure, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and conditions of participation, anti-kickback laws, Stark Law, and HIPAA/HITECH Act
- Extensive experience with physician contracting
- Experience with corporate and transactional matters for healthcare providers such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations, MSOs, IPAs and other contractual matters
- Experience leading a transaction function in a complex environment and using a matter management system to track and update transaction team members on status and next steps on transactions
- Working knowledge in ERISA litigation and managed care experience
- Familiarity with health-reform related initiatives such as ACOs, medical homes, and bundled payment programs
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with very little direction
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
- Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5 – 7+ years of experience
- Illinois bar admission required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.