- Draft, review and negotiate various third-party agreements in the US and international, including customer agreements, professional services agreements, software and technology license agreements, data use agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Drive and/or assist with various legal and cross-functional department projects including projects related to corporate governance and compliance
- Develop strategic relationship with FourKites business leaders and proactively communicate issues back to management and drive good business, legal and operational processes throughout the organization
- 3+ years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements involving licensing intellectual property and technology transactions
- Growth mindset, intellectual curiosity and professional drive
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to connect with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and across departments
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, including functioning well in loosely structured situations involving uncertainty or lack of information and being open to and responding flexibly to change
- Ability to prioritize work flow, work independently and efficiently
- Strong and effective professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and proven ability to deliver creative, thoughtful, and business-oriented results
- Ability to solve problems in a diplomatic, approachable, and practical manner
- J.D. degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school, distinctive academic record
- Member in good standing of Illinois state bar, or ability to become a member under Illinois’ in-house counsel rules
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.