At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Paralegal, Transactions and Corporate, works under steady direction of the Manager, Paralegal Services, and other senior team members.
Primary Objective: Support the Manager, Paralegal Services role with the company’s transactions.
Secondary Objective: Support the General Counsel’s role with corporate work and special projects, including research and legal compliance matters.
This position is well-suited for a smart, detailed oriented, professional who enjoys (a) closing a higher volume of smaller, yet important, transactions,and(b) handling some general corporate work and special projects.
Under steady direction of the Manager, Paralegal Services:
SALES TRANSACTIONS AND SUPPORT:
· Become a hero to our Sales group by quickly and accurately drafting a challenging volume and variety of amendments to our clients’ software license agreements - ranging from straight-forward to complex. This important role for a document specialist helps keep our clients happy and our revenues flowing.
· Provide added support for Sales by reviewing NDAs, RFPs, MOUs, Trial Licenses, and other ancillary Sales documents. Check client entity legal names and state of organization as requested. Suggest and work on improvements in processes, e.g. new standard forms or variations to enhance efficiency.
OTHER TRANSACTIONS AND SUPPORT:
· Become a hero to additional designated company departments or groups by quickly reviewing or preparing a variety of agreements, and providing focused, value-adding, comments on key issues.
· Related tasks include checking vendor legal names and states, engaging in internal and vendor communications, and negotiations on key points as needed.
· Transactions may include company event contracts, consulting and professional services, in-bound enterprise and SAAS software contracts, equipment and supply contracts and purchase orders.
· Assist in the administration our internal approval workflow system, respond to questions, and log key details of signed contracts into our contract administration data base (a custom module in Salesforce).
OTHER TRANSACTIONS AND SPECIAL PROJECTS:
· Be a pinch hitter to help out as time permits and needs arise in supporting the Manager of Paralegal Services with general corporate work, which may include organizing and maintaining Legal folders, acquisitions due diligence, and research on legal compliance matters.
· Potential future assignments could include compliance with various legal, regulatory and internal compliance matters.
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Science, or related discipline
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intelligence, flexibility, creativity, diligence, responsiveness, and strong communications skills.
- Reasonable exposure to computer and software technology concepts.
- Ability to research and analyze issues on government websites, and solid proficiency with MS Word.
- Three years or more years of high quality relevant experience.
- Experience drafting and reviewing (a) out-bound proprietary software license agreements and amendments, including agreements with government agencies and government contract management firms, and (b) a variety of vendor agreements, including consulting and professional services, in-bound enterprise and SAAS software contracts, equipment and supply contracts, and purchase orders.
- Background in information technology or procuring information technology preferred.
- Experience with qualifying to do business in States, preparing corporate resolutions and meeting minutes, preparing materials for annual and quarterly meetings, maintaining corporate records, preparing and filing annual reports in various States, and securities law compliance.
- Degree in business, accounting, or science, from a well-regarded institution.
- Paralegal degree or certificate with a concentration in transactions, corporate and/or securities.
Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.