This position reports to the General Counsel and is part of a team that is responsible for supervising, negotiating and managing all contracts entered into by the Company. The team is responsible for analyzing, negotiating, drafting and editing all company contracts as well as delivery of the same to sales or company records and also assists with other documents as necessary (W-9s for clients) and general projects regarding organization of company files and information and other key projects as directed by the General Counsel.
What you'll do:
- Leads sales and service teams in negotiating and structuring contracts
- Spearheads training of sales and sales administration team on contracting and contracting process in coordination and at the direction of the General Counsel
- Responsible for researching new legal trends and issues and maintaining and updating contract templates
- Leads document management and maintenance processes
- Review contract documents and advise management, internal organizations including other paralegals, and customers of contractual rights, risks, and obligations
- Duties also include the preparation of proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, vendor agreements and various types of memoranda
- Leads initiatives as directed by the GC in areas of risk management, procurement, state licensing and corporate governance
- Analyzes contracts to ensure compliance to company policy, government specifications and other requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or completed required
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience as a paralegal preferred
- Degree/coursework in Paralegal Studies or commensurate work experience preferred.