Regulatory Intelligence Analyst
About The Company
Ascent Technologies, Inc. helps its customers follow laws and regulations with technology. We are a new type of company, a SaaS + content & RegTech organization, that combines our technology platform with informational intelligence to help people automate compliance with rules and regulations in an easier and inexpensive way. We’re unique because we marry modern techniques like automated data ingestion, machine learning and predictive analytics with traditional notions of compliance to stay on the cutting edge of our industry.
As trailblazers in our space, we’re looking for people passionate on building new and innovative products, who aren’t afraid of challenging the status quo, and who have a thirst for knowledge, hard work, and creating amazing solutions to generations-old problems. We want to work with people who enjoy autonomy and who can help deliver products that change our customers’ lives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Aid in all aspects of the creation of data/content for Customer Application (Content Creation Pipeline):
- Review regulations and distill requirements and supporting information (60%)
- Create/Maintain Regulatory Rule Changes (30%)
- Complete Customer Requests and help Operationalize Improvements (10%)
- Work with Manager to Identify opportunities to improve Content Creation Pipeline and create efficient solutions
- Can distill and categorize regulatory language
- Has the ability to visualize words as data points, and vice versa
- Can break down large sets of regulatory data/text into rule summaries
- Can identify logical connections between regulatory rules and other documents/info
- Can review large sets of text data for consistency and logical structure
- Comfortable working in Google Docs and Google Sheets
- J.D. or LLM
- Enjoys tackling ambiguous problems
- Takes initiative but also follows instructions when needed
- Maintains both big-picture thinking and detail-orientation
- Communicates realistic personal timelines and asks for help when overwhelmed
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in teams
- Interest in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Predictive analytics with text preferred
- Content Associate will work directly below a Content Manager and will collaborate with team members, their Content Manager, and VP of Content.
- Salary starting at $45K with benefits (salary commensurate with experience)
- Located in Chicago, Illinois
- Start Date: ASAP
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.