Regulatory Intelligence Analyst
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Our team is scrappy, creative, and collaborative with a “Yes, and” mentality. While we’re committed to doing great work, we also cherish having an empathetic, fun environment where everyone feels safe sharing their ideas and problem-solving together. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we’re solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product.
You will help define our legal data production strategy and influence our internal process, tooling, and knowledge product. As a Regulatory Intelligence team member you will have the most complete and comprehensive view of our data production and thus will play an influential role in defining our product.
- Review and breakdown regulatory rules into requirements and supporting information.
- Identify relevant regulatory documents, review and extract data.
- Input, track and maintain all changes to regulatory rules and documents.
- Identify improvements to efficiency and accuracy of data creation and implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Technology and Data Science Teams to increase operations.
- Support in all aspects of the creation, maintenance and integrity of data for the customer application.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand and categorize regulatory language
- Ability to visualize words as data points, and vice versa
- Ability to make logical connections between regulatory rules and documents
- Experience working in Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and work independently
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to change in a fast-paced working environment
- J.D. or LLM
- Enjoys tackling ambiguous problems
- Takes initiative but also follows instructions when needed
- Maintains both big-picture thinking and detail-orientation
- Communicates personal timelines and asks for help when needed
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in teams
- Interest in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Predictive analytics with text preferred
The Reg Intel Analyst reports to the Reg Intel Manager and frequently collaborates with all team members.
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!