Souring Agent - IT Contracting - Full-Time, Days, Chicago, IL or Remote
What You Will Do
The Agent of Sourcing facilitates and manages the legal review, negotiation and resolution of contracts and transactions within the scope of Information Technology. Under the direction of a Sourcing Manager, the Agent advances the development of specified technology contracts and pricing agreements. The role negotiates to provide cost-effective technology solutions that are consistent, dependable and clinically acceptable by Decision Teams, or user groups. The Agent collaborates closely with their counterparts in Ascension Technologies, Contract Design, and end-users and with suppliers. The role works with the eSourcing team to explore new cutting-edge strategies to drive additional value into technology contracting.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed contracts for necessary/acceptable contract terms and conditions
- Serves as primary liaison with contracting principals, internal departments and external parties to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolution of issues
- Identifies and negotiates revisions as necessary
- Develops contracts using approved model templates and develops new contract model templates for approval
- Leads contracting efforts within assigned scope
- Utilizes Ascension’s and The Resource Group’s GPO participants’ collective purchasing power and exercise sound business judgment
- Negotiates contracts and transactions to optimize value to Ascension and non-Ascension participants
- Works collaboratively with Contract Design counterparts to form category negotiation strategies
- All other duties as assigned
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree is highly preferred.
- Master's degree or JD Law degree is preferred.
- 5 years of IT and Sourcing experience
- Enterprise Software and Saas experience
- Strong negotiation skills
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.