Sr Contract Specialist at Ensono
The Ensono Commercial Contracting Office has opened a position for a Senior Contract Specialist. This position within the legal department provides primary commercial contracting support for Ensono's Sales organization. This position provides support throughout the entire opportunity life cycle by setting deal structure, performing contract review, drafting and negotiation, coordinating internal approvals and finalizing contracts through execution. We are looking for a talented candidate with strong business acumen, initiative, drive and experience who can handle a high volume of varied and complex commercial transactions.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts and commercial terms
- Lead commercial transactions to closure in prudent and expeditious manner
- Exercise judgment and delegated authority on wide-ranging issues to assess risk and provide contracting advice
- Vet contract issues/requests with appropriate internal organizations, track responses, and draft resulting feedback
- Prepare and administer escalations as necessary
- Identify or create solutions to deal roadblocks
- Project manage multiple deals to closure simultaneously
- Present training to client groups on transaction contractual issues and strategies
- Continuously seek to improve the transaction support process
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant and recent commercial transactions experience in a similar work environment (i.e., technology contracting office, law firm or corporate legal department).
- Demonstrated success in complex contract review, drafting and negotiation for sales/outsource transactions involving technology products/services.
- Experience with responsibility for all aspects of commercial transactions
- Familiarity with all phases of sales contracting from pre-contract Requests for Proposals/Bids to contract negotiation/execution and post-contract support.
- Experience supporting a professional sales force in technology transactions.
- Successful record of interacting with sophisticated enterprise customers
- Prior in-house, management, and international experience preferred.
- BA or MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to summarize issues to clients/management
- Teamwork and team leadership skills
- Ability to effectively counsel clients concerning contractual business risks in sales transactions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to rapidly assess potential risks, benefits and consequences of business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results under pressure/deadlines
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills needed to manage multiple/complex transactions
- Independent initiative to develop, lead and implement special projects that enhance contracting processes.
- Solid work ethic and strong sense of responsibility for high quality work product
- Highly proficient in MS Word; solid understanding of MS Excel, PowerPoint etc.