Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: Senior member of the legal team, you’ll report to the VP, General Counsel, working closely with all Litera business units.A Day in the Life:
- Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will focus primarily on privacy, compliance, special projects and secondary support of overflow of revenue generating commercial contracts.
- Managing legal department privacy and compliance projects including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk by developing, reviewing and/or revising corporate policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the deal team, participate in due diligence related activities in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Assist with post-completion integration activities.
- Assist with overflow of commercial contracts on an as-needed basis.
- Take on opportunities and add value as needed in practice areas beyond commercial transactions.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet the Legal team and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we’re going.
- Familiarize yourself with our products in order to complete a gap analysis of our privacy and compliance policies.
- Develop an initial roadmap for Litera’s privacy & compliance policies.
- Begin assisting with special projects and secondary support of commercial contracts reviews.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Finalize and implement the roadmap for Litera’s privacy & compliance policies.
- Participate and own integration activities in connection with mergers & acquisitions.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Continue with activities from initial 6 months and take on opportunities and add value as needed in practice areas beyond commercial transactions.
- 5+ years of privacy & compliance legal experience with big law firm or in-house global technology enterprise company.
- Experience in SaaS and on-premise technology transactions with a company of similar size and scale to Litera.
- Must have a deep understanding of GDPR and US privacy laws.
- Ability to self-manage, find creative solutions that mitigate risk and drive revenue that works as breaking through barriers, proactively learn necessary skills, and manage all projects with minimal supervision.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear. You have the transactional experience to ensure that each contract is reviewed for legal, risk management and business issues.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, clear, and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done by rolling up your sleeves and covering the broad range of day-to-day legal needs of the organization.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- A J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school and in good standing in any US jurisdiction.
What Sets us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with the various leaders in the organization
- Work with a team that has a proven track record
- You’ll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills