TRID - Disclosure Manager
- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Disclosure Desk Manager
The Disclosure Desk Manager oversees the day to day operations of the departments responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws/regulations governing residential mortgage initial applications, disclosures, Loan Estimates, and Closing Disclosures. They will oversee and implement policies, and procedures to enhance accuracy and efficiency with a focus on regulatory compliance, transparency, and customer service to our borrowers, loan officers, and processors. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with residential mortgage application disclosures, regulatory compliance, and closing. Additionally, qualified candidates should be proficient with TRID documents and possess an expert level of knowledge of all applicable regulations, laws, and industry best practices pertaining to residential mortgage lending.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
- Manage 15-20-person team of Closing Disclosure Analysts responsible for ensuring compliance, preparation, accuracy, and timing of the initial closing disclosure.
- Manage 5-10-person team of Loan Estimate and Initial Disclosure Analysts responsible for ensuring compliance, accuracy, and timing of initial disclosures upon receipt of loan application as well as validating compliance of changes in circumstance and redisclosures.
- Oversee and monitor pipeline volume and turn times for both desks focusing on accuracy, efficiency, transparency, and customer service. Proactively manage disclosure deadlines and escalated issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates as well as other managers and officers of the company.
- Recruit, hire, train, and grow team members; Engage associates with regular performance feedback.
- Review and manage policies and procedures manual as well as system functionality to make modifications as necessary. Direct efforts to reduce risk of violations and liability arising from violations.
- Engage regulatory auditors during on-site and off-site audits conducted by, but not limited to, the CFPB, the GSEs, HUD, and various state regulatory auditors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Guaranteed Rate business units.
- Stay current on all applicable product guidelines, processes, government regulations and industry compliance best practices.
- Extensive critical thinking and problem-solving skills to promptly identify, escalate, and resolve any potential compliance concerns.
- In depth knowledge of TRID and other applicable lending laws to efficiently and accurately answer any questions and provide direction on live loan scenarios.
- Interpersonal skills to motivate, coach, and influence others, as well as diplomacy to work with management across business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Above average computer skills; Proficiency with Loan Origination systems, regulatory language, and Microsoft Office.
- College degree (preferred).
- 2+ years in a supervisory role
- 3+ years of recent regulatory compliance experience including any combination of
- Initial disclosures
- Loan estimates
- Re-disclosure requirements and changes of circumstance
- Closing disclosures
- Mortgage Closing experience preferred