Join VillageMD as a VP, Associate General Counsel | Village Medical
At VillageMD, we're looking for a VP, Associate General Counsel over Village Medical to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a VP, Associate General Counsel on our team, you will work in partnership with our General Counsel and Village Medical leadership team on advancing the organization’s compliance, regulatory, and transactions infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in practicing health law and should possess strong self-starter credentials with excellent writing, communication, and client-relations skills.
How you can make a difference
- Provide the lead legal and manage a team to support the legal needs of a growing multi-state medical group
• Support the medical group growth in managing employment agreements including drafting and managing post signature
• Support medical group growth by managing practice asset purchases
• Provide regulatory support to the medical group including reporting to the medical group leadership on matters as they arise and also including developing and maintaining an annual plan for regulatory needs and risks Provide research, draft materials and answer questions related to regulatory and compliance matters as needed
• Analyze and provide legal guidance on a wide range of regulatory, contractual, and operational matters, including the interpretation and implementation of legislation
• Provide clear, succinct, and actionable written advice and briefings to key executive stakeholders that reflects full understanding of the pertinent operations
• Provide support and guidance, and ultimately leadership, to compliance committees including Anti-Kickback and billing compliance
• Monitor, update, document and enhance legal operations tools and resources for clients including matter management, data analytics and actionable reporting
• Draft, revise and implement policies and procedures and help support a knowledge management platform
• Provide support and assistance on training including recorded video podcasts as well as written materials and graphic guides
• Develop innovative ways to communicate effectively with the organization to achieve compliance goals
• Participate as a team member to the legal team including supporting other work streams as needed.
• Support efforts for value creation by legal department
• Support and enhance legal department analytics and reporting capabilities
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with minimal direction
• A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
• Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement
• High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
• Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 10+ years of experience as an attorney and at least 3 years of experience working with physicians or medical groups
• Demonstrated expertise with employment agreements, scope of practice, corporate practice of medicine and other related issues
• Illinois bar admission required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.