Manager, Software Engineering, Cloud
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Manager of Software Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers with a passion for making engineering processes more efficient through technology. You will work with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. The Manager is responsible for the professional development of their reports and is the subject matter expert for the tools development which they are involved in. The Manager will own the responsibility of leading their team to improve the cloud SQL PaaS and file server solutions within Relativity to improve scalability, cost, concurrency and availability.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make independent decisions and drive your team's success
- Ensure the team is aligned with Relativity’s goals and objectives and understands how their work fits into the bigger picture
- Implement the roadmap and measure success via key performance indicators agreed with other Engineering Managers
- Research, gather feedback, and help build momentum for change within the organization as we move to a SaaS environment
- Gather product & business requirements, gut check new ideas and proposals, balance tech-debt and delivery of product functionality
- Source engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years managing a team of 5 engineers or more
- 5-10 years of relevant individual contributor experience
- 3+ years of experience with C#
- 3+ years managing Windows servers
- Strong technical understanding of SQL Server
- Experience designing solutions in AWS or Azure
- Expertise using Git from the command line without a GUI and Jenkins
- Highly technically proficient in at least one discipline of backend systems, distributed systems, or web engineering
- Ability to clearly articulate desired outcomes and lead engineers to developing simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated cross-team collaboration with peers, Product Managers, and other disciplines
- Ability to explain the benefits and problems of current and new technology
Additional or preferred experience;
- Previous experience working with file or database servers
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.