Account Supervisor at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
Role: Day-to-day cross-functional team lead and promotion SME, responsible for executing large scale promotions, managing or supporting smaller scale promotions, managing/executing third party partnerships, vetting potential incremental opportunities, and supporting Director strategically (at both a project and an overall Promotional Strategy level).
- Strategy: Supporting role with Director in multi-year promotions strategic planning efforts and consumer research
- Promotional Execution: See below for more details
- Calendar Planning/Support: Partner closely with Brand and Menu Strategy team to support calendar and sub-brand promotional needs, including workshops as SME; ideally in a leading role as bandwidth permits
- Opportunity Identification: Identify consumer and market opportunities based on industry and competitive landscape monitoring
- Pipeline Development: Work with promotions agency to develop pipeline/toolkit of promotional tactics; vet with consumers and lead feasibility and initial costing analysis
Promotional Execution -- example responsibilities included but not limited to the following:
- Strategic & executional support to Director for promotions pre-sell as well as Leadership materials.
- Cross-Functional Solutions Lead - Collaborate with Digital, Consumer Insights, Supply Chain, Operations, Agencies and Finance to turn Promotion into reality
- Lead the identification of critical program solutions spanning communications, financials, operations, supply chain, OPNAD process, Legal, etc (ex: how to structure consumer experience/game mechanics to drive repeat purchases, how to manage packaging challenges posed by concurrent menu tests or environmental regulations, how to address historical promotional crew knowledge/field communication issues etc.)
- Project Leadership/Management
- Manage internal squad as Program Lead - responsible to lead agenda and weekly calls, develop timelines, manage all internal stakeholders and keep project on track for flawless execution
- Main contact for legal concerns
- Lead contingency planning. Orchestrate teams for full support
- Lead supply conversation with Havi team
- Involved in all parts of the promotions’ 360 campaign in addition to system execution and communication
- Co-lead agency briefing. Develop brief for leadership approval and presentation documents
- Co-lead branded content development to ensure alignment with key promo learnings, research and goals. Participate on all squads, CRBs and Ad Day
- Work with agencies to bring game/promotion to life across all vehicles
- Lead digital creative approvals and feedback alongside Digital team (GMA moments, microsite, badging, tests, user flow, etc). Participate on most digital discussions for full understanding of feasibility, hurdles, compromises and capabilities
- Lead merchandising creative approvals and discussions regarding in-store executions alongside merchandising team
- Lead/Point of contact during development of PR support and plans with Comms team. Participate in strategic planning and alignment, CRBs and Ad Days
- Facilitate communication and working efficiencies between promotion agency and above-the-line agency teams
- Budget: Manage/Track game execution and production budget line items and ongoing expenses
- Research, Tracking, Data Collection
- Lead measurement and tracking discussions with Marketing Sciences, Finance and Havi teams (i.e. data capture, projections, mystery shopper testing, etc)
- Lead and/or support testing discussions with Consumer Insights; business case needs
- Partnerships/Third Party:
- Final approver of partner deal points, operation documents, legal documents
- Main point of contact for partner integrations (i.e. UberEats, prize partners from agency)
- Lead post-analysis
- Lead discussions around program optimization
- Support Director post-program with strategic share-outs across the system
- Support/Provide direction to supervisor on day-to-day tasks
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years of experience in a marketing function
- MBA Preferred
- Experience leading complex programs across the organizational matrix
- Experience leading promotional programs
- Experience with digital marketing and digital program development (including technical components)
- Strong interdisciplinary intellectual orientation beyond Marketing Communications
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Proven team leadership skills
- Significant project management experience
- Excellent communications skills, including strategic storytelling and presentation creation
- Detail-oriented with strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment
- Proactive, strong problem-solving capabilities, fast-learning orientation
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.