Brand Manager, Experiential Marketing at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
What We’re Looking For: Brand Manager, Experiential Marketing
A self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment. A creative problem solver who can support and execute strong experiential concepts and activations that build brand affinity while playing into Upwork’s global brand strategies. This highly visible role will partner with the brand, communications, product marketing, and sales to establish and reinforce the Upwork brand while driving awareness, engagement, and demand generation amongst our clients and independent talent. This is the perfect opportunity to help build a world-class brand marketing organization at a fast growing company that’s changing how work gets done.
- Support the conceptualization and execution of a large range of B2B and B2C experiential programs including large-scale conferences, brand activations and custom client and talent experiences
- Drive effective project leadership across activations, participating in project kick-off, post-mortem and recap exercises to define and evaluate what success looks like
- Partner with an integrated marketing team to ensure a clear and consistent narrative and amplification for each activation that drives awareness and engagement
- Manage event production elements including P&L development and budget tracking, production schedules and timelines, venue and/or platform management, on-site/virtual branding elements, talent booking/prep, guest engagement and sponsor activations
- Work closely with creative on the production of activation-related creative elements (event RSVP page, invitations, ads, email blasts/newsletters, social media creative) and manage all deliverables
- Research industry standards, trends, event concepts (both virtual and in-person), and monitor competitive brands' to ensure Upwork remains innovative within the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- 4+ years of proven experience working in experiential marketing and culture related marketing
- Ability to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects at once while paying close attention to timelines and details
- An understanding of traditional and non-traditional brand marketing strategies
- Prior budget management responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skill set to come up with creative concepts, writing concise briefs, and execution
- A history of thriving in collaborative and fast-paced environments
- Portfolio of examples of brand programing and activations
- You’ve got deep domain knowledge of staffing or talent platforms and/or two-sided marketplaces
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.