Sherman Residential is a family-owned real estate owner and operator located outside of Chicago, IL, that focuses on multifamily apartments across the United States. The history of the company dates back to 1922 when Benjamin E. Sherman, the company’s founder, opened a small office on the West Side of Chicago. Now located in Northbrook, IL, we are best known for our commitment to maintaining beautiful apartment communities, exceptional customer service, and outstanding investment returns. We are currently searching to add to our corporate team to better support our diverse portfolio of communities and staff.
Sherman Residential is looking for a Brand Manager who will lead, manage and implement all aspects of our marketing and brand strategy across our portfolio. This role will be responsible for articulating our brand and culture throughout all our marketing and recruiting platforms. Sherman Residential is searching for an outgoing, people-oriented individual with a team minded approach to market our multifamily assets, expand our social reach and market the Sherman brand to current and future employees. The role will be responsible for creating and leading our strategic marketing process, assessing campaign effectiveness, developing and evaluating marketing, leasing and recruiting reports and spearheading new marketing and recruiting ventures. The ideal candidate will be a hard worker with the ability to think outside the box. Real Estate experience is a plus.
• Develop cost effective strategies to best market each asset to prospective renters
• Develop, implement and reinvent the brand strategy across all marketing platforms
• Optimize marketing campaigns to analyze campaign performance, measure success and communicate results and recommend improvements
• Regularly assess internal and external communications activities including website content, collateral material, client advisories and special publications, to ensure messaging is in alignment with brand strategy
• Work closely with Sherman Residential’s leasing teams; enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate tools and materials
• Work to ensure appropriate technology platforms are in place and utilized for optimal performance. Seek out ways to use technology to advance properties and recruitment objectives including search engine optimization (SEO), greater engagement across social media platforms, enhanced CRM use and sophisticated experience management tools, among others
• Travel to assist and participate in marketing and leasing events and promotions as needed, identifying marketing and leasing needs and opportunities
Essential Job Functions
• This position will be based out of Sherman Residential headquarters in Northbrook, IL
• This position is full-time and requires the ability to travel 30% of the time
• Commitment & enthusiasm towards achieving Sherman Residential goals and visions
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people
• The ideal candidate should possess industry skills and be sensitive to the needs of the staff and residents we serve
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, working within tight deadlines in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing or related field
• 3-7 years in marketing with expertise in SEO, communications, branding, social media campaigns and business development
• Advance knowledge of digital marketing and ability to lead the development of creative and innovative marketing campaigns
• Have an interest in Real Estate and customer service
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels
• Attention to Detail with the ability to ensure one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate.
• Strong planning and organizational skills. Develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish company goals within a specified time period.
• Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills