Business Analyst Lead, Email Marketing
Do you love taking ownership of your own objectives?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Email has been a core customer acquisition, loyalty, and retention channel for Groupon from day one, and we are now one of the largest email marketers in the world. We have just embarked on a journey to reinvent the way we engage consumers via email and we are seeking a top-tier, analytical marketer to help drive that change.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will establish a deep understanding of business results (outputs) and drivers (inputs) - including what’s working, what’s not, and why
- Use insight to develop and execute programs that will drive deeper and more durable engagement and transactions
- Creating dashboards, analytical models, and forecasts that give the company unambiguous insight into channel and campaign performance, and experiments
- You will estimate future business performance
- Developing and assembling strategies that category managers and merchandisers across the company will use to build best-in-class email campaigns
- Building business cases and requirements to secure resourcing from our in-house push marketing engineering team for new feature development, and for budget to source 3rd-party services to accelerate our product, design, and/or campaign roadmap
- Provide oversight of key initiatives to ensure timely delivery that meets specifications
- You will partner with teams in Chicago and across the globe to identify and close gaps in supply, merchandising, editorial content, etc. that will help improve the performance of the email channel
You will have a strong background in Finance, Mathematics, and/or Marketing, with proven capability in thefollowing areas:
- Operating within a P&L to hit revenue and profit targets
- Delivering marketing or other consumer-facing programs from end-to-end
- Partnering with senior leaders across product, engineering, operations, finance, and marketing teams to deliver integrated, consumer-facing solutions
- Developing deep business insights through dashboards and via spreadsheet models
- You will be an amazing storyteller- to illuminate a vision, opportunity, business case, and/or business output
- Leading and growing individual contributors in analytical roles
- Extracting data from relational databases such as Teradata and Hive
- 8+ years of experience in performance marketing and/or business operations for a customer-facing business unit
- Deep analytical skills, with the ability to be hands-on with data and to distill executive-level insights
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- A builder mentality
- Proficient level experience with SQL
- MBA or advanced engineering degree
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.