Consultant - Consumer Insights at Numerator
- Serve as the day to day point of contact, engagement lead, and project manager for Numerator's Fortune 100 and fast-growing strategic customers that span CPG, Retail, Electronics, Durables, Quick-Serve Restaurants
- Interface directly with consumer insights, shopper insights, category management, brand management, and field teams, supporting their most pressing business questions and challenges
- Regularly leverage Numerator's consumer panel and survey data to deliver analytic insights and data-driven stories that address Numerator's strategic customers goal of driving increased sales and improved marketing effectiveness
- Together with supporting client services team members, drive your assigned client(s) engagement and utilization of contracted resources (consulting hours, platform access, survey credits, and custom projects) to maximize return on investment, building success stories that help drive business results, and provides an opportunity to expand relationships beyond existing
- Work with lead customers and Numerator's product team in developing, prototyping and piloting new solutions and enhanced capabilities. Bring the voice of customers back to the greater Numerator organization to help drive the growth of the business
- Possess a deep understanding of Numerator solutions and services including their key differentiators versus legacy approaches and competing offerings
- Support sales efforts by participating throughout sales cycles and presentations as a subject matter expert and Numerator solutions guru, including occasional product demonstrations
- Generate thought leadership content for our clients, from webinars, and training materials, to blog posts and industry presentations
- Travel, as required, to support the above responsibilities
Skills & Requirements:
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships, including stakeholder management
- Proven consulting skills: conceptualizing, analyzing, deriving insights from data and designing an execution plan to derive results from insights
- Comfort proactively diving into the data to find the right data points to answer business questions and create compelling stories for clients
- Project management skills are key to success in this position
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills a must; additional skills/experience with MicroStrategy, Python, and SQL a plus but not required
- Knowledge of competitive product offerings including, but not limited to Retail Loyalty Card systems (Dunnhumby, 8451), National Consumer Panel (NCP), IRI or Nielsen, NPD Group, Ibotta, Catalina, or 1010 Data.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset - everyone on the team gets their hands dirty with data and you will need to. Be a problem solver not just a problem identifier
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, with experience presenting directly to clients and prospects with varying levels of experience from analyst to executive leadership
- CPG and Retailer knowledge, including knowledge of consumer and category insights. Must be able to speak the language at a granular level of detail, understand their key strategic initiatives and how consumer data can be leveraged to achieve their goals.
- Naturally curious and lifelong learner
- Deep understanding of both syndicated and household panel data (Nielsen/IRI and/or retail POS and loyalty data)
- Bachelor's Degree (required) or Master's Degree (preferred) with 3+ years relevant experience
- Management Consulting or CPG experience in Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management and/or Shopper & Consumer Insights roles or experience, and/or as a service provider to these functions
- Experience in consulting, product, sales support, and/or service delivery function in relevant software industry (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, etc.) is ideal
- Relevant experience in a Consultant, Manager, or Director level capacity
- Working knowledge of enterprise software applications and services designed for the retail and consumer goods industries is highly valued (e.g., Nielsen, IRI, Dunnhumby)
- Experience as a power user of Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.