Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Trunk Club’s in-house agency is at the heart of bringing the brand to life through best-in-class creative strategies and compelling content. We make big concepts and ideas a reality across a variety of audiences, media, and marketing channels while inspiring consumers, businesses, and employees to engage and interact with us.
What you’ll do
- Create. We operate as an in-house agency, creating content for all marketing and editorial channels. Come to the table with fresh ideas for everything from social media to blog posts to video production, and then help bring those ideas to life.
- Engage. Not only will our copywriters look to you to help them flesh out ideas, but our Design and Production teams will always pick your brain on how larger projects come together. Be ready to interact with the entire Creative team—as well as our clients across the company—in a constructive, inspiring manner.
- Review. Nearly every piece of content we create will cross your desk at some point. Bring an eagle eye as a copy editor, and also be conscious of consistency in voice and style. No matter the channel or the topic at hand, our work needs to represent our Brand Guidelines.
- Guide. At times, you’ll provide technical feedback to our copywriters and work with them on goal-setting. Use our internal Brand Guidelines as well as your expertise to foster productive conversations and strengthen their skills.
- Organize. You’ll need to review work in a timely manner to ensure designers and developers can complete their deadlines on time. You’ll also need to support management in maintaining content calendars and workflows.
Who you are
- A multitasker. Trunk Club is growing, and our Creative team is, too. In that spirit, we’ll need someone who is comfortable wearing many hats. Though your primary focus will be editing, we’ll also need you to write content on a regular basis.
- A constant learner. Our team is passionate about following and understanding the latest trends and techniques in copy, design, and production. There’s always something new to learn, and there’s always someone you can learn from.
- A collaborator. Are you comfortable seeing an idea from start to finish? Expressing ideas and asking questions in front of the team? We foster an environment of trust and autonomy, so we need someone who can run with an idea and adapt to working with different clients across the company.
- An analyst. The creative process is always evolving. Can you spot opportunities for increased efficiency? And when given contextual data from our in-house and agency partners, can you use that to inform and improve your next project?
- Most importantly, a creative. Yes, we want someone who is a stickler for spelling and proper comma usage. However, we also need someone who’s able to help develop fun, compelling content across all channels.
What your background might look like
- 5+ years experience in copywriting and editing for an agency or in-house creative team
- BS in related fields: Journalism, English, Marketing, or similar
- Experience in a wide range of content development, including web, email, social media, paid channels, video scripts, and more
- Experience editing content for grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as voice/tone
- Experience with content management systems
- Familiarity with and interest in style / fashion trends for both men and women
How we work
- With others. As an in-house agency, our clients are our peers. You’ll collaborate with Marketing, Product, Custom, and others to deliver high-quality creative.
- With transparency. We have an open layout. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We are continually evolving our creative process. Be ready to work and think outside the box, often on tight deadlines.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- In-house coffee bar and a nice rooftop