Content Marketing Manager at YouCopia
The New Role
YouCopia is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our team as we continue to scale in 2021. This person will cultivate YouCopia’s brand voice by creating content that improves emotional engagement, reinforces our values (helpful, practical, satisfying), and grows the YouCopia community. We have the brand strategy, execution capability and product passion, but the Content Marketing Manager will be “the rug that really ties the room together” by helping YouCopia effectively communicate through content. That means setting the editorial calendars, developing the creative briefs, and writing copy that crushes it. This position reports to the Director of eCommerce & Digital Marketing.
What will you do at YouCopia?
- Plan, develop and manage the editorial content calendar to deliver on marketing objectives.
- Conceptualize and manage content pillars on social, email and web channels. Increase content creation to generate consistent useful content for the end consumer (loyalists and prospective consumers).
- Develop creative briefs for marketing campaigns including seasonal campaigns and product launches.
- Work cross-functionally with Design team (2 people), Digital Marketing team (3 people) and Product Marketing team (1 person) on project workflow for content creation and execution.
- Coordinate photography/video agency partners and internal teams to build specific scope of work documents for asset collection.
- Own brand and product copywriting across all-consumer touchpoints: packaging, web, and social.
- Collaborate with other creative team members to create brand consistency across platforms and assets. There are some unique opportunities to improve communications around sales efforts, recruiting, referral/loyalty programs, social responsibility, and sustainability too.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years of CPG content marketing or related experience.
- Strong writing background with proven ability to work within brand guidelines and express personality/feelings through words and concepts.
- Experience in developing product and brand marketing content for a wide range of communication channels; web, email, digital advertising, social media, trade and print. Packaging copy a plus.
- Ability to think creatively and surface new ideas while being attentive to small details and meticulous in execution.
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices. Project management experience (Asana, Jira, Monday) is a plus.
- Desire to stay curious, evolve skillsets and expand knowledge as the brand, market and consumers change over time. Experience/exposure to working in growth or performance marketing is a plus.
- Responsive, organized, hard-working and positive at your core.
- Strong interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial mindset. Let’s build something big!
- Being a part of a team that is growing and having fun while doing it
- Competitive salary with bonus program tied to growth
- Three weeks (15 days) annual paid vacation/personal time
- Health (BCBS of IL), Vision, & Dental Insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
YouCopia is a growing housewares brand in the storage & organization category. Since its founding in 2009, our private company has established itself as a source for innovative products selling in major retail accounts such as Amazon, Target, Walmart and The Container Store. We're a small team that works closely together to deliver a “woo hoo” brand experience that reaches millions of consumers each year.
YouCopia is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.