Content Marketing Manager
About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 500,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 1.4 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is looking for a savvy and smart wordsmith to join our content marketing team. The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping devise and optimize parts of the overall content strategy for G2 Crowd’s Learn hub - learn.g2crowd.com. This person will be a jack-of-all-trades content marketer, contributing as a strategist, writer, editor, SEO specialist, and coach. They will understand how to optimize content to maximize organic traffic, and how to maximize that traffic to achieve business goals. This person will be able to work independently while also collaborating with a flexible team.
- Write articles, pillar pages, and other types of content as necessary.
- Provide feedback to contributing team members, and edit other writers’ content.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation purposes. Stay on top of latest SEO and content strategies.
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as lead-gated content such as ebooks, webinars, and more. Devise new strategies and experiments for content types.
- Conduct analytical projects to improve content marketing and blogging strategies/tactics.
- Understanding of social media, design, and link-building best practices.
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business’ mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to coach junior writers in best practices.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts, as well as to organize multiple team members.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and hold junior team members to deadlines.
- 3-5 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or journalism.
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.