The Decision Scientist will be responsible for developing and executing strategic programs that deliver results against client goals. The position is a hybrid analyst/strategist role that will require collaboration across multiple client and agency teams to deploy an integrated promotional program utilizing an omni-channel approach.
To be successful, the Decision Scientist must work closely with internal and client stakeholders and cross-agencies to create strategic plans, analytical assessments, insights, and measurement designs.
The Decision Scientist will be responsible for understanding customer and industry trends, and will need to develop data and insights to drive the development, execution and optimization of customer segmentation, channel mix, data models/sources, and multivariate tests across omni-channel campaigns.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated understanding of omni-channel marketing (web, mobile, social, email, and direct mail) and analytics, having worked on digital or promotional initiatives in their career tenure.
The position requires extensive ability to create insights and strategic storytelling from analytics data, outstanding written and verbal communication, creative problem solving and ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deliverables. Must be able to develop strong relationships with agency partners and team members.
- Advise external clients on building and continuously improving Customer Engagement Marketing programs and initiatives.
- Advise internal and external decision makers around customer and industry trends, and how those trends impact current and future marketing channels & technologies.
- Assist in developing promotional programs, plans and creative briefs and manage their execution across multiple customer touch points (web, mobile, social, email, and direct mail) to nurture relationships and ensure continuity and consistency in all customer contact.
- Proactively develop insights and builds business cases to drive optimized or new tactics/strategies, which will move business performance and customer experience forward.
- Define learning agendas within and across promotional events that continually test, learn and leverage variables such as timing, segments, messaging, creative, and offers to optimize program results against business objectives.
- Coordinate BI reporting for clients as instructed including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and summaries, and augment reports by researching and pulling data queries.
- Works closely with our database team to ensure program needs are being maintained, continuously improved and to address any areas of risk.
- Understand industry standards for omni-channel marketing and develop key performance indicators for all promotion initiatives.
- Manipulate, cleanse and perform statistical analyses against data
- Participates in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-Secondary Degree in a quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Political Science, Economics or Computer Science).
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in digital or promotional marketing strategy/analytics.
- Ability to identify, communicate and inspire an organization around the next generation of omni-channel digital/promotion experiences to dramatically grow the business, and be able to work through issues and overcome challenges while maintaining good relationships.
- Ability to design multivariate experiments, while ensuring statistical significance of results.
- Ability to provide strategic thought leadership in reinventing promotions in an increasingly digital world
- Must have worked on CRM, digital or promotional strategies and analytics across channels, including digital engagement and database growth.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills to interpret and discuss programs, technologies, and analytic methods with internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong and proven track record/performance.
- Experience in hands-on use of tools such as SQL, R, Python, or SAS.
- Experience in Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau/PowerBI preferred.
- Experience cleansing, manipulating, and transforming data.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint presentations.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance