Digital Marketing Manager
Cars.com is seeking an enthusiastic, creative-minded individual to manage digital media as a key piece of the Cars.com acquisition marketing strategy. The Digital Marketing Manager will oversee some of the highest profile Cars.com acquisition marketing projects. This individual will be a critical member of the Acquisition Marketing team and will serve as a champion to the growth of this channel in terms of high quality traffic and conversion.
The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of the online space with B2C experience and a strong background in digital media management, preferably at an agency for performance-focused clients. This role will manage both performance-focused and brand-building media campaigns.
- Own the digital growth strategy including overarching strategy, development of new programs and improvements of current programs across: Programmatic, Direct, Social, Native, Video, Affiliate and App for both B2C and B2B media efforts.
- Support the marketing team to help reach the Cars.com strategic goals as well as meeting/exceeding monthly and annual goals for the channel.
- Evaluate general business initiatives and identify opportunities for new/expanded campaigns.
- Manage in-house team of three direct reports and develop a cohesive team to plan, develop, execute and implement campaigns
- Provide campaign analysis as well as unsolicited strategic insight based on data and experience to grow the digital channel.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership on strategic planning.
- Coordinate the execution of contracts/SOWs from outside vendors.
- Be a champion for innovation and knowledge about the rapidly changing digital landscape for marketing and sales leadership to align priorities and drive toward exceeding customer, ROI and consumer expectations.
- Ability to tell the big picture story from the results/data that’s easy for management to understand
- Must be able to speak confidently to senior management about program performance
- Strong pulse on the digital media landscape
- Management of constant discussions and negotiations with media and technology partners about opportunities to drive innovation/optimization for the program
- Creative problem-solving skills with an ability to anticipate questions/problems
- Superb time management and attention to detail with continual focus on meeting deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
- Highly adaptable to learning new processes and technology
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and coordination skills
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results; experience successfully building processes that streamline cross-functional workflows
- Expertise across media platforms such as Doubleclick Client Manager, Facebook, etc.
- A history of successfully using digital and site analytics tools (Doubleclick, multi-touch attribution, Google Analytics) to generate marketing recommendations and optimizations
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills. Proven track record of creating and fostering relationships with third party partners to drive successful campaigns
- Ability to learn quickly, iterate based on data, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business objectives
- 6-8 years of experience managing digital media with a performance focus
- Experience and familiarity with the current state of the digital media marketing industry
- Experience working with digital marketing platforms such as: DMPs, attribution tools, DSPs, Omniture/GA preferred
- Experience in managing display advertising directly, particularly with regards to direct response campaigns, highly desired
- Experience with websites with large numbers of listings/inventory and lead generation goals
- Strong analytical skills (must be comfortable in Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Undergraduate degree in a business-focused major with a background or emphasis on marketing or advertising