The Chicago Tribune has a rich, 170-year history and an exciting digital future. It’s our mission to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for driving digital advertising sales in order to meet overall team goals and the organization's business objectives. Primary focus is on aggressive development of new clients and growing existing business with medium to large accounts.
- Maximize revenue through consultative sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of Stats Digital: programmatic display, audio, and video, ConnectedTV, SEO, SEM, targeted email, social, and native advertising.
- Identify customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across Stats Digital’s advertising
- Maintain adherence to internal processes and reporting to ensure that all aspects of campaign management are executed
- Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development
- Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales
- Deliver uncompromising customer support and attention to
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of high digital sales acumen
- Experience selling the Stats Digital product line a
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications or equivalent related
- Ability to research digital advertising clients and target prospective new
- Must attend networking conferences and events, approach and foster new contacts whenever the situation fits.
- Must have a proven track record of quota
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day-to-day activities.
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media
- Effective relationship-building
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Requires a valid driver’s license and reliable
- Travel may be necessary