Director, Brand Marketing
Purpose of Position: The Director Brand Marketing is responsible for developing strategic brand marketing plans and an overall customer experience that achieves top-line and bottom-line growth objectives along with market share, brand awareness, and target segment penetration.
This role has three direct reports and a total team of 6 across Site, Brand Marketing, and Retention Marketing. This role leads in a matrix organization and provides direction, guidance, and development opportunities to the Marketing Center-of-Excellence team with a dotted-line group of 15+.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
DEFINE, DEVELOP AND LEAD STRATEGIC BRAND MARKETING PROGRAMS TO PROFITABLY DRIVE GROWTH
- Articulate a compelling vision for the ProFlowers and ProPlants brands and chart a path for top-line and margin level growth that aligns to company's annual and 5-year plans
- Build an investment case for the marketing plan and develop a marketing strategy which drives sales and brand resonance within the identified consumer target segments to achieve short and long-term profitability objectives for the business.
- Utilize customer segmentation and market trend data to inform marketing strategies/tactics and introduce qualified prospects into the top, mid, and immediate conversion parts the marketing funnel. Measure and manage investment to ROAS and customer LTV.
- Determine the appropriate marketing model and financial levers to best build the business and the brands. Responsible for marketing mix allocation on marketing budget while achieving targeted ROAS and CPU efficiencies
- Test new marketing strategies; move fast and learn quickly
- Balance long-term investments and vision with short-term customer acquisition and retention requirements
- Work cross-functionally and within the brand team to build consumer loyalty strategies that drive repeat purchases.
PROVIDE CONSISTENT AND INSPIRATIONAL LEADERSHIP TO A COLLABORATIVE TEAM OF MARKETERS
- Oversee marketing, content creation and brand management from planning to tactical execution, serving as chief steward and champion for all ProFlowers marketing efforts
- Deliver effective marketing communications. Coordinate and lead efforts across Pull, Inbound, and Outbound marketing functions to ensure that acquisition and retention efforts are aligned across paid, owned and earned media channels.
DEVELOP A COMPELLING WEBSITE EXPERIENCE FOR THE FLORAL BRAND WEBSITES AND DRIVE CONSISTENCY ACROSS KEY CUSTOMER TOUCHPOINTS
- Ensure communication across the website, direct mail, mass media, email, and all other marketing touch points is appropriately consistent from a brand and customer experience perspective
- Work cross-functionally with groups like Merchandising, Site Optimization, Supply Chain, Creative and IT to make the website a compelling experience that delivers against the brand's mission and vision along with traffic, conversion, and $/visit metrics. Advocate for site enhancements that will improve the experience and performance of the site. Manage demand/supply positions in collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Ensure that the brand's merchandise, products, and services are in tune with consumer needs, insights, and market dynamics. Be familiar with, and represent the wants and needs of customers and prospects. Represent the ProFlowers customer to the enterprise.
- Balance the core drop-ship floral portfolio, plants portfolio, and florist delivered product portfolio mix within the site experience to achieve overall business unit financial targets. Collaborate with supply chain and florist fulfillment operations to maximize and meet long-term financial targets
- Translate consumer behavior and demand by delivering marketing briefs which inform new product/development recommendations and ensure the continuing appeal of existing offerings, including both merchandise and site. As a marketplace expert for your brand, actively drive necessary research and development agendas, and advise on new product development. Drive alignment on output.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible brand marketing and e-commerce experience
- MBA Preferred
- Past success is leading integrated marketing across channels such as Social media, PR, Display, TV, Radio, Site, Email resulting in meaningful efficiency/share/brand awareness gains. Retail, CPG or Direct Response experience a plus.
- Prior P&L management and performance-driven marketing expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and cross-functional teams, especially in a matrix environment
- Ability to establish a robust independent view and present that to others in a persuasive manner
- Strong critical & analytical thinker
- Willingness to take risks but also hold self and others accountable for results
- Action-oriented, energy and drive
- A passion for winning!