OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
Reporting to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, the Director, Direct Mail, will lead all Direct Mail programs at OppLoans. You will be an essential member of the marketing team and a senior presence in the firm who drives strategy and performance for one of our largest acquisition channels. You will achieve efficient and measurable growth through the development of powerful creative, audience expansion, and data analytics. You will oversee the channel including vendor management and partnering with data modeling resources to ensure program success.
- Lead direct mail strategy and work cross-functionally to build an extraordinary data-driven view of channel performance.
- Establish new customer acquisition goals and develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve them
- Build and launch Direct Mail program for new products (including Credit Cards in 2021)
- Handle a multi-million dollar direct marketing budget to meet performance and business goals/metrics.
- Guide the testing discipline and expansion / innovation efforts
- Use knowledge of our business model and customer base to fuel investment decisions and tradeoffs
- Gather appropriate data to provide sound, and consumer-insights-driven optimization for program pillars such as audience, creative, cadence, and offer
- Partner with the Marketing Analytics to build a suite of best in class reporting tools that power response modeling, program management, and company-wide business planning
- Partner with the creative agency to develop test ideas, manage asset development (multiple iterations), and coordinate research
- Use complex financial and credit information to guide audience selection, record categorization, test cell assortment, and target model development.
- Manage program data flow and reporting, which includes response tracking, campaign reporting, transfer of data between vendors/Prosper, and ad hoc issue investigation
- Forecast program performance and partner with FP&A team to ensure appropriate impact on the P&L is accounted for
- You have a background in Direct Mail and other marketing channels and in creating new marketing strategies
- 7+ years of experience in analytical/direct marketing roles. Experience in Financial Services preferred. Direct experience with credit products a plus
- You understand and have a background in direct response/acquisition marketing both online and offline
- You have a record of building teams, setting standards, challenging people to excel and eliciting their sustained performance
- You are able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- You have demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with success and increasing levels of responsibility
- You show the capacity to continuously prioritize your work
- You have the ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level requirements into specific analysis projects
- Eager to use quantitative analysis of results to improve the program
- Curiosity about how our customers think, how our products work, and other colleagues’ ideas
- A commitment to continual improvement
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.EEOC Statement: OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.