About The Opportunity
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub is looking for a Director of Omnichannel Strategy to maximize paid channel portfolio investment performance, drive strategic diner acquisition planning, and optimize media execution. Reporting to the Senior Director of Diner Acquisition, this leader will be a leading expert in the growth field, consumer driven and analytically minded. S/he will be responsible for maximizing acquisition performance on one of the biggest budgets in the organization. This executive will be an expert on media mix, nationwide and local optimizations, data management, and attribution. This includes ownership and acceleration of all A/B and sister market testing, to constantly innovate and drive towards best-in-class programs. S/he will have direct impact on the bottom line for the company, and this role is essential to Grubhub and its growth plan.
- Develop and execute media strategy for acquisition of new diners for Grubhub and Seamless brands
- Bring best-in-class experience with acquisition technology, partners and media management to secure top performance
- Understand/optimize the performance of marketing campaigns at both a national and local level by using channel metrics, site metrics and overall ordering behavior to drive strategic recommendations
- Rapidly test & scale new ideas to constantly evolve and continue high-growth
- Advise on budget allocation to help identify opportunities to shift marketing investment to better performing channels or test new emerging channels
- Partner with Product Development team to create a world-class first-time diner experiences, across our marketing and product
- Partner with Creative Marketing and vendors to ensure smooth promotional execution
- Initiate/execute and analyze all tests carried out in promotional activities to increase return on investment
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and present results and opportunities to marketing leadership to gain support and sponsorship to execute
What You Bring to the Table
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of marketing and 4+ years of leadership experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Significant experience in acquisition or retention marketing
- Expert in media mix, above and below the line channels optimization and attribution, proven track results in top leading brands
- Experience developing integrated marketing strategies and integrating acquisition within broader digital marketing efforts
- Experience co-developing consumer-facing experiences with product development teams
- Solid financial management and analysis skills. This position will advise on marketing budget allocation, and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Proven experience in managing multiple functions in a fast paced, changing environment
- 4+ years of leadership/management experience
- Proven track record in business planning and growth results for a top brand
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the rigor and discipline to build the business and creative competencies that will allow Grubhub to continue to stand out in the market.
- Excellent communication skills, very resourceful, reliable, energetic, self-motivated and knows how to have fun
- Experience working with digital and/or e-commerce brands.
- Previous work within the restaurant industry.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.