About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a Director of Marketing Operations with a strong program management background to lead operational excellence in its 130-person Marketing Organization. This person will build a team to lead the execution of strategic projects, operational systems and processes enabling the Marketing Org to operate efficiently to achieve its near and long-term business goals.
A successful candidate is defined by their track-record and passion for applying industry-proven and emergent approaches that empower people to deliver customer value, specifically in the context of Marketing.
This role will report to the VP of Brand Marketing and Creative and serve Grubhub’s Marketing Leads (comprising: Brand, Strategy & Analytics, Growth, CRM, Product and B2B Marketing).
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build and lead a team of 3-5 project managers
- Design and operate the systems, processes, artefacts and roles that enable marketing strategy development, decision-making, and execution on predictable cadences (from weekly to annual)
- Design and run the business goal setting and reviews for Marketing’s key functions and campaigns to actively analyze and report on our contribution to the overall business. This includes: acquisition and paid marketing metrics, campaign execution and tracking, budget to goal and investment tracking, marketing product initiative metric tracking, and customer health segmentation
- Collaborate with Product Operations to ensure that systems, processes and calendars for setting and executing strategy across teams are consistent and enable effective cross-functional collaboration
- Partner with the Marketing Leads to ensure Marketing’s long-term vision and strategy is aligned with Grubhub’s long-term company strategy and goals
- Set the meeting cadence for leadership meetings and off-sites, and ensure prep materials are ready, decisions are made, and objectives are achieved,
- Lead internal communications including newsletters, reports, presentations and Marketing All Hands, and maintain the platforms and channels where this information is shared
- Collaborate with the Learning & Engagement team to co-design onboarding experiences for new Marketing employees
- Identify gaps in the Org’s operating rhythm, build lean scaffolding to fix them, and assess your practices to see if they’re suitably effective
- Design and shape information flow to involve Marketing Leadership in decision-making at the optimal time
You Should Have
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in operations or program management and at least 5 years building and managing a team
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus but not required
- Experience of working with product marketing, growth marketing, brand, design, research and finance & analytics teams in a large, fast-evolving organization
- Proven track record of inspiring change that's resulted in increased impact and efficiency for your internal customers
- Work independently to define and contain complex problems, prioritize effectively, and deliver quickly
- Think and communicate clearly, in a way that builds trust across functions and hierarchies
- Able to influence outcomes and people without reporting lines
- ‘Work out loud’ to arrive at solutions collaboratively and iteratively
- Adopt an agile attitude and minimize waste in operations
- Curious about evolutions in org theory, systems thinking, business operations, and new technologies or some Venn diagram thereof
- Seek inspiration and engage in discussion on new operational and organizational theories, technologies and business challenges
- Experience working in a consumer-focused industry, a marketplace business model is a plus too
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.