Director, Marketing (Retention) at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
We’re seeking an analytical communications ninja to lead CRM and Loyalty across Grubhub and Grubhub+, our Subscription service. You’ll manage a team responsible for our Lifecycle campaigns, conversion performance, audience selection/targeting, and analytics for all communications. As the Director, Retention you’ll work with stakeholders across Grubhub to ensure our Diners receive the right message, at the right time. The role is based out of our Chicago office (remote until further notice).
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead Messaging strategy for Diners, across channels and platforms, driving towards a personalized food experience.
- Represent CRM with cross-functional teams to develop plans for messaging opportunities and promotions, including engineering, product, creative, analytics, brand, and other marketing teams.
- Focus on bringing restaurants to life. Develop plans to deliver images, menus, stories and reviews that help restaurants stand out.
- Own and communicate the CRM strategy across key business units, with executional and hiring plans when called for.
- Drive adoption of Grubhub+ through Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, meeting budget and KPI goals.
- Manage an 8-figure channel budget to reach key Order, Diner and Subscriber KPIs.
- Develop/maintain a system to coordinate creative briefs and reviews with the creative team, operational builders, data science, and product. Responsible for proofs, review, and guidance when training is needed for the team.
- Focus on analytical rigor, ensuring the team is communicating with all stakeholders with results, and next steps.
- Contribute to Grubhub, and Grubhub Marketing, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of top performers.
- Be a world class content marketer and bring that mindset to the team.
- Develop creative solutions contributing to Retention gains across Diners, Drivers and Restaurants.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in digital/product marketing, CRM specifically
- At least 5 years people management experience
- Hands-on experience with in-app messaging tools and ESPs (i.e. Contentful, Braze, Responsys, Iterable)
- Self-starter - need to see opportunities and help lead solutions day-to-day
- Attention to detail is absolutely must-have
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications, organization, teamwork and follow-up skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Got These? Even Better:
- Tableau set up and analysis experience
- SQL chops
- Google Analytics experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.